Thursday 10 November 2011

Foremark Reservoir and Carver's Rocks

I went to Foremark Reservoir and Carver's Rocks on a walk and took the camera with me, it wasn't a very participially sunny day but the weather stayed dry. 

Location 
My first location was Foremark Reservoir and Carvers Rocks. I chose this location as I knew I would be able to take some great landscape and autumn photographs. 

Who was I influenced by?
I was influenced by many photographers such as Jack chapman, Jeff Harrison but mainly John Shaw. At Foremark and Carvers Rocks I tried to recreate his work.

Equipment
For the landscape photography I used a Canon 400D camera with a 18 - 55 mm lens. I also used a tripod to ensure that my pictures where not blurred.

Health and Safety
They was a lot more consideration and health and safety aspects doing landscape photography then they was doing a photo shoot in the studio.

While I was outside i had to consider if they was any dangerous places where I would be at risks of injuries or accidents. I made sure that if I was near a road they was no traffic. I made sure I had an umbrella incase it started raining so my equipment didn't get wet, I also had to make sure if it had been raining that it wasn't slippy. I made sure if I had to climb up anything that it wasn't slippy and that I would be able to stand on it steadily.

I took a torch with me incase it got dark so I could see where I was going I made sure I didn't disturb the wildlife, leave any rubbish behind and that gates where closed behind me. I also made sure I didn't touch any plants incase they was poisonous. And I always looked for any danger signs to keep me safe. 

Shutter speed - 1/60secs, F4.5 , Focal Length - 18mm

Shutter speed - 1/80secs, F6.3 , Focal Length - 39mm

Shutter speed - 1/60secs, F4 , Focal Length - 18mm

Shutter speed - 1/60secs, F4 , Focal Length - 18mm

Shutter speed - 1/200secs, F11 , Focal Length - 21mm

Shutter speed - 1/250secs, F10 , Focal Length - 21mm

Shutter speed - 1/250secs, F11 , Focal Length - 43mm

Shutter speed - 1/320secs, F11 , Focal Length - 24mm





Shutter speed - 1/320secs, F10 , Focal Length - 18mm

Shutter speed - 1/400secs, F11 , Focal Length - 21mm

Shutter speed - 1/400secs, F11 , Focal Length - 18mm

Shutter speed - 1/60secs, F7.1 , Focal Length - 49mm
I think this image is quite spooky, it brings a sense of mystery to where the path may lead to. This image is very bright even though it brings a sense of mystery and spookyness. The form of the trees goes into a triangle, this brings focial point very central. The perspective of the image is linear as it gives the viewer a sense of depth by using parallel lines.
Shutter speed - 1/125secs, F8 , Focal Length - 55mm

Shutter speed - 1/80secs, F5.6 , Focal Length - 42mm

Shutter speed - 1/100secs, F8 , Focal Length - 45mm

Shutter speed - 1/100secs, F7.1 , Focal Length - 55mm

Shutter speed - 1/200secs, F11 , Focal Length - 25mm

Shutter speed - 1/100secs, F7.1 , Focal Length - 37mm

Shutter speed - 1/200secs, F9 , Focal Length - 18mm
The berries are very bright in this picture, the focal point is the central berries as they stand out.

Shutter speed - 1/200secs, F11 , Focal Length - 55mm

Shutter speed - 1/80secs, F5.6 , Focal Length - 18mm

Shutter speed - 1/100secs, F8 , Focal Length - 35mm

Shutter speed - 1/200secs, F10 , Focal Length - 55mm

No comments:

Post a Comment