Thursday 20 October 2011

Vee Speers

I like these images as they are different. They show a different story to every viewer this is what I would like to portray in my work. The sense of innocence but with a darker deeper inner story. I would like my photographs to show colour so then the story is abit more ironic and also catches the viewers eye. What drew me to these pictures were how all the models are centrally positioned this once again shows that they are the story to the viewer. I would like my models to be the story within my pictures. Each child has a very emotionless expression on their faces and the colour seems to be very dull. 

This photography is very plain, I think the photographers is trying to make the girl very unnoticed, she has a sad expression on her face and her body language is lifeless and quite closed. She is also centrally positioned and is photographed about the knees like all of the rest of the photographs. The tonal range is very white based. I think the focial point is the mask as it is very unusual. Unlike all the rest of the photographs the girl has her head looking down to side and her eyes are pointing at the floor.





The composition of this picture is very centred but you can only see half of her body. The colour of this photograph is very dull, they is no bright colours which stand out but I think the focial point is the scissors and the long hair as it makes my imagination run wild, just thinking of what she could be doing with the scissors. Could she be ready to chop off her long hair or maybe even hiding them as they are behind her back.







I like this photograph because it is unusual. The photograph is very questionable, the rat and the gas mask bring a sense of mystery to the photograph. I think the focial point on this photograph is the mask, it is very dark. Like all the rest of the photographs the colour is very dull, the tonal range is very white based. I think the photographer shot this photograph from the side to see the detail of the gas mask and the rat.


2 comments:

  1. Hi
    I am looking forward to seeing your versions of these using the continuous lighting cool lighting, can you upload them if possible.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im looking forward too ... thats something...very liked your research and photographs.

    ReplyDelete