Thursday 6 October 2011

Ian Phillips-McLaren

Ian Phillips-McLaren was born in Glasgow in Scotland. At the age of 18, Ian was studying photography. In the second year as a photographer he had his own TV programme made about him by the BBC called 'A Style of One's Own'. He moved to London in 1991 to continue his career shooting portraits of artists, celebrities and people.


I love the contrast of the dark dress against the white background. I also like the natural pose and expression that the model is doing, I aim to duplicate this pose in my work.

The photograph is very dull in colour as it has been changed to black and white. I will be using this pose and expression in my photoshoot. Once I have done my photoshoot I will edit the photo to black and white to create this effect. The tonal range of this photograph is very dark as it's mainly grey and black. 

I love the colour of this photograph, the black and white colours really shows the darkness of the photo. The tonal range is very dark as the background and the model's outfit is black. The 

 
 Fashion Shoot For Elizabeth Emanuel
I like the pose on this photograph and aim to use it in my work.

 Fashion Shoot For Elizabeth Emanuel
                                                           Fashion Shoot For Elizabeth Emanuel
Fashion Shoot For Elizabeth Emanuel


Phillips-McLaren.I (2010) Ian Phillips-McLaren Photographer. Available from: http://www.ianphillips-mclaren.com/ [date accessed: 6th October 2011]

Phillips-McLaren.I (28th July 2011) Ian Phillips-McLaren Photographer. Available from: http://www.ianphillipsmclaren.blogspot.com/ [date accessed: 6th October 2011]

1 comment:

  1. Hi
    Can you add some written thoughts and ideas about this work so I can see what it is you like, plus what plans have you got to try this work for yourself.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete