Thursday 22 September 2011

Assignment 206 Statement of intent

Candidate name: Tina Reid
Theme: People and portraits
Title of the theme: 

Intentions/purpose of the photography to be undertaken: 

I intend to do Level 2 Certificate in Digital Image Manipulation
This Certificate is split up into two units...
Unit 206 - Principles of photo image capture and
Unit 215 Digital Image Manipulation
I chose this qualification as I want to edit my portrait photographs more advance with photoshop.




Reasons for selection of theme (including inspiration form the work of others): I have chosen to do people and portraits as people's face, body language and expressions can tell alot about them, also what clothes they wear can tell you what they are like as individuals. I main inspiration for my first photoshoot is Vee Speers.

The photo imaging equipment and medium that will be used and why: 

Camera - Canon EOS 5D Digital SLR Camera

                 
           
I used this camera to take the portrait photographs to ensure I have good quality images and to pick up every fine detail.

Tripod - I will be using a tripod for my portrait photography so that the camera would be still and so that if I got a good image from a certain angle then I could keep the camera at that angle I wanted to while I changed the model's pose. Using a tripod will help me concentrate on adjusting the lighting to make sure that the lighting is adequate whilst knowing my camera is in the right place and secure.  


Continuous lights x 2 (My first studio photoshoot)


Flash lights x 3 (My second studio photoshoot)

Techniques that will be used and how they will help convey the visual message:


How light quality can be used to help convey the visual message:


Safety considerations: When working in the studio I have to consider the risks around me. Because the studio is full of electrical equipment I have to make sure that no wires are frayed and that the cables are not dangling all over the place so that
me or model will not trip over. 

When I am in the studio taking photographs I will follow the Health and Safety at Work Act ect 1974 to make sure that I am safe. To avoid risks and hazards I will follow this legislation.
Following the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 ensures that I protect myself against risks that may occur when doing photography and ensuring that I know about any potential hazards.
Following this 

No comments:

Post a Comment