Thursday 22 September 2011

Assignment 206 Statement of intent

Candidate name: Tina Reid
Theme: Nature
Title of the theme: Autumn

Intentions/purpose of the photography to be undertaken: 
I intend to do Level 2 Certificate in Digital Manipulation
This Certificate is made up of two units...
Unit 206 - Principles of photo image capture and
Unit 215 Digital Image Manipulation
I chose this qualifications as I want to do some more advantaged work with photoshop.

Reasons for selection of theme (including inspiration form the work of others): I selected this theme as it was something I like taking photographs of. The inspiration of photographers such as John Shaw made me select this theme as I wanted to create work like his.

The photo imaging equipment and medium that will be used and why: For this theme I will use is a Canon 400D camera and a tripod. I have choosen to use a Canon 400D as I thought it would be the best camera to use for nature photography as it had lots of settings which I could change to get the best out of my images. I will be using a tripod so that my images are straight and that they do not go blurry because I have moved.





Techniques that will be used and how they will help convey the visual message:

How light quality can be used to help convey the visual message:

Safety considerations: When taking the photographs outside I have to take a variety of things into account...
  • The weather e.g. if it is raining then the ground will be slippery.
  • Things around me such as traffic or disturbing animals.
  • Is they any unsafe places like bridges or cliffs.
  • Make sure that I don't touch any plants in case they are poisonous.
  • Making sure that I have an umbrella in case it starts raining so the equipment doesn't get wet.
  • That it is not too dark so I can see where I am going.
  • Any warning signs.
  • Gates being closed behind me.
  • Do not leave rubbish around.

When I am out taking photographs I will follow the Health and Safety at Work Act ect 1974 to make sure that I am safe when I am out and about. To avoid risks and hazards I will follow this legislation.
Following the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 ensures that I protect myself against risks that may occur when doing photography and ensuring that I know about any potential hazards.

No comments:

Post a Comment